More Practice Areas from Your Southern California Law Firm
Rounds & Sutter is a full-service law firm providing advice and representation to individuals and businesses throughout Southern California and the Central Coast in the areas of real estate, business law, employment law, bankruptcy, and consumer advocacy. In addition, we provide services in other important areas of the law as well, including immigration, family, estate planning and personal injury. If you are a new or existing client, we would be happy to help you in any of these areas as needed.
When a relationship is not working and there is at least one child involved, it could create a stressful situation. With the purpose of avoiding any type of confusion and misunderstandings that could turn into unneeded struggle, it is in everyone’s best interests to establish an uncomplicated visitation schedule through an order from the court. Our attorneys at Rounds and Sutter are ready to help guide and protect your legal rights. We have helped our clients with legal matters of child support issues, spousal support, restraining orders, move-away cases, paternity case and domestic partnership.
Whether seeking entry to the U.S. for family matters or employment, looking to establish lawful permanent residence or citizenship, or fighting to stay in the country and avoid deportation, Rounds & Sutter can help you with your immigration law issues by providing you with an immigration lawyer who knows the laws and procedures and is committed to your success.
- Family-based immigration – fiancé(e) visas and family visas for starting new families or reuniting existing ones
- Employment-based immigration – helping employers fill their needs for exceptional employees, and helping foreign workers get their green cards
- Pathways to citizenship and naturalization – helping foreign-born children and adults become naturalized citizens
- Fighting deportation and removal – fighting for your rights through suspension of deportation, cancellation of removal, waiver, deferred action and reconsideration of final orders
It is never too early to start thinking about an estate plan, and it is (almost) never too late. Rounds & Sutter helps people at every stage of life to draw up wills, trusts and powers of attorney to make sure their financial and healthcare needs are met during their lifetime while making the most of the legacy they leave to future generations.
- Wills – A properly drafted will directs the disposition of your property to family, friends, and charities according to your wishes. A will can also appoint a personal representative or executor of your estate, appoint a guardian for your minor children, and make sure that no part of your estate is left out.
- Trusts – Revocable living trusts and other trusts allow you to manage and control your property during your lifetime and generate income for you and your beneficiaries, while also minimizing probate and providing valuable tax benefits.
- Powers of Attorney – Living wills, advance healthcare directives and other documents are critical to ensuring that decisions regarding your finances, health care and end of life are made according to your wishes by people you trust.
If you have been injured because of the negligence or wrongful conduct of another, Rounds & Sutter can provide you with a Southern California personal injury attorney dedicated to getting you the maximum compensation for your damages. We help people who have been injured in:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slips and falls
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Bicycle/Pedestrian accidents
If you have been injured because of another’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. However, obtaining that compensation is not a simple matter. The burden is on the injured party to prove every aspect of the case while fighting the tactics of insurance company lawyers trying to blame you for causing the accident instead of their insured. It takes a skilled and knowledgeable attorney to stand up to the defense’s claims while at the same time preparing and presenting a persuasive case for your recovery.
Experienced Legal Representation from a Comprehensive Southern California Law Firm
If you need advice and representation concerning an immigration, estate planning or personal injury matter, contact Rounds & Sutter to visit with an experienced attorney who is ready to help you. We have offices in Ventura, Westlake Village, Santa Barbara and San Clemente, and our lawyers represent clients throughout Southern California.