Randall V. Sutter
As a founding Partner, Randall Sutter is involved in the daily operations of the law firm with emphasis in the following practice areas:
- Bankruptcy and Consumer Advocacy: Mr. Sutter helps individuals and small businesses develop asset protection strategies and counsels various options for eliminating or restructuring debt and liabilities. Not only is Mr. Sutter knowledgeable in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases, but he has also successfully confirmed plans for complicated Chapter 11 reorganization cases.
- General Business Counsel: As a business owner and entrepreneur for 25 years, Mr. Sutter brings a unique perspective to helping small business. This business experience combined with his legal expertise allows him provide effective and understanding counsel to business owners.
- Employment Law: Similar to his consumer advocacy practice, Mr. Sutter fights for the rights of an employee that has been wrongly terminated, harassed, or discriminated against. He also assists those employees that have been subjected to workplace wage and hour violations.
Outside of the office, Mr. Sutter enjoys spending time with his family, sports activities, and traveling. He also attempts to tackle various home improvement projects around the house on weekends. He is involved with the local community by serving on the Board of Directors for various non-profit organizations, coaching youth sports, teaching at local high schools, and volunteering for various community programs.
Mr. Sutter has been recognized for his charitable and pro bono work. He has been awarded the William J Lasarow Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service to the Community and has been recognized by the US Bankruptcy Court for his contributions as a Pro Bono volunteer. Mr. Sutter treats each client’s case with individual attention and believes the firm’s success is measured by the number of people that are helped.
- J.D., Ventura College of Law, Ventura, CA, 2006
- Juris Doctorate with Honors
- B.A., Drake University, Des Moines, IA
- Deans List
- Pepperdine University Strauss Institute
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Program
- California State Courts
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- ABA Vice-Chair: Business Opportunities & Commercial Law Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Business Law and Bankruptcy Subcommittee
- Ventura County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Inns of Court
- Ventura Chamber of Commerce
- California State Bar
- Founder / President / Director, Transportation Inspection Services, Inc.